Strides receives USFDA approval for its greenfield oral dosage facility in Singapore
Facility to provide growth capacities for regulated markets of US, Australia, UK and Europe and help expand manufacturing base
Deepthi | Myequity news | Date : 27-03-2019 14:53:00 IST
Strides Pharma Science Limited (Strides) today announced that it has received USFDA approval for its greenfield oral dosage facility in Singapore.
Singapore oral dosage facility – For growth capacities
- With the commercialization of its manufacturing facility in Singapore, Strides will join the league of global pharmaceutical companies having a Manufacturing and Research and Development footprint in Singapore
- The facility will complement Strides’ existing manufacturing base and will help meet increased demand from its fast‐growing regulated markets business across US, Australia, UK and Europe
- Singapore is also amongst the list of designated countries under the Trade Agreements Act (TAA) making it eligible to supply goods under Federal Supply Schedule (FSS) contracts in the US. The manufacturing facility in Singapore will enable the Company to tap opportunities under various federal government procurement programs including procurements administered by Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- The facility operating at its peak capacity will produce ~1.4 billion tablets and hard gelatin capsules
- The facility has been built with emphasis on automation in production and quality control laboratories and has fully integrated manufacturing and packing lines
- The facility has already been approved by Health Science Authority (HSA) Singapore and Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) Australia
Strides is a global pharmaceutical Company headquartered in Bangalore, India. The Company mainly operates in the regulated markets and has an “in Africa for Africa” strategy along with an institutional business to service donor‐funded markets. The Company’s global manufacturing sites are located in India‐ Bangalore (two sites), Pondicherry and Chennai, Singapore, Italy‐ Milan, and Kenya‐ Nairobi.