Infosys and ABN AMRO Announce Strategic Partnership in the Netherlands
Strengthens mortgage servicing capabilities through digital platforms
Deepthi | Myequity news | Date : 28-03-2019 12:17:00 IST
Infosys, today announced a strategic partnership with ABN AMRO, the third largest bank in the Netherlands headquartered in Amsterdam. This partnership strengthens Infosys’ position as a leading technology and business process management provider across the mortgage services value chain, improving experience and operational efficiencies, and further enhances the company’s strategy to help clients navigate their next digital transformation journeys.
As part of the announced partnership, Infosys will acquire 75% of the shareholding in Stater N.V., a wholly owned subsidiary of ABN AMRO Bank N.V., that offers pure-play, end-to-end mortgage administration services in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. ABN AMRO will continue to hold the remaining 25% of the shareholding.
Stater is a market leader in the Benelux region, operating across the mortgage and consumer lending value chain with deep capabilities in digital origination, servicing and collection. Stater also brings deep European mortgage expertise and a robust digital platform to drive superior customer experience. Infosys will drive the digital transformation roadmap of Stater with accelerators such as dynamic workflow, API layers, RPA and analytics. The current management team of Stater will continue to steer the company.
Mortgage services is a focus area for large corporations in the financial sector, given the importance of the asset on a bank’s balance sheet. The specialized knowledge and experience of Stater in the mortgage services market, combined with the global reach, AI, digital transformation and automation capabilities of Infosys, can potentially create differentiated solutions for the market.
Mohit Joshi, President, Infosys
, said, “This transaction strengthens our approach to offer clients digital platforms and industry focused solutions. It brings together our complementary capabilities to enhance the value we offer to our financial services clients. We are excited to welcome Stater’s talented team to the Infosys family, thereby enhancing our presence in Europe.” Christian Bornfeld, Member of the Executive Board of ABN AMRO
, said, “While mortgages are a key product for ABN AMRO, providing administrative mortgage services is not a core activity. That’s why we are very pleased with Infosys as Stater’s new majority shareholder. ABN AMRO will keep a strategic interest of 25% and will continue to be an important client to Stater.” Erwin Dreuning, Managing Director, Stater
, said, “We are eager to welcome Infosys as a new shareholder. As they are already active in mortgage administration services, Infosys offers specific expertise. With the combined forces of ABN AMRO, Infosys and Stater ensures we have a solid basis to pursue our plans to for further development of our service offering. Furthermore, it opens up opportunities for us to grow and service other clients.”
The transaction is expected to close during the first quarter of fiscal 2020, subject to customary closing conditions.