5paisa Capital FY20 income up 78% y-o-y at Rs108.1 Cr
Myequity news | Date : 07-05-2020 21:15:00 IST
5paisa Capital reported quarter and year ending 31st March 2020 today, Income for Q4FY20 at Rs35.3 Cr (up 69% y-o-y), and for FY20 at Rs108.1 Cr (up 78% y-o-y) .
For the quarter and year ended March 31, 2020 (as per INDAS)
- Total income stood at Rs 35.3 Cr for the quarter, up 69% y-o-y
- TCI stood at Rs (-1.9 Cr) for the quarter, up 126% y-o-y and Rs (-8.1 Cr) for the year, down 58% y-o-y
Mr. Prakarsh Gagdani, Whole-Time Director and CEO, 5paisa Capital Ltd., commented on the financial results: “We are very happy to report a strong performance despite these troubled times. We on-boarded over 120,000 customers in the quarter, with March recording the highest single month acquisition. Trading and investment levels remained high even through volatile markets. We are seeing a positive shift in customer behaviour w.r.t. investment habits and expect promising trends in capital markets in the near future.”
We maintained our swift pace of client acquisitions with over 120,000 acquisitions in the quarter, crossing 540,000 customers in total. 81% of new clients were from tier II/III cities.
The 5paisa Mobile App has about 41,00,000 downloads till date with a sustained 4.2 Star rating on Playstore.
Our income for the quarter has grown by 32% mainly owing to improved trading activity by existing customers, surge in new client acquisitions and higher cross-sell of financial products.
Our expenditure has increased by 27% q-o-q, predominantly due to higher marketing spends in favour of customer acquisitions.
Awards and accolades
- ‘The Emerging Company of the Year in BFSI sector’ at Business Leader of the Year awards by ETNow
- ‘Digital Start-up of the Year’, ‘Best Trading App’ and ‘Best Mobile Marketing Campaign’ at the Mobby’s Awards, which recognizes achievements of brands across all aspects of the mobile landscape
- ‘Brand Excellence in Broking Industry’ at World Marketing Congress, which recognizes the work done by the marketing fraternity to take their brands to a whole new level
- ‘Best Broking Fintech Product’ for 5paisa Mobile app at ABP News - BFSI awards, which focus on the best practices of the BFSI industry
- ‘Franchisor of the Year- Financial Services’ at the Franchise India Awards -2019
About 5paisa Capital
5paisa Capital Limited (NSE: 5PAISA, BSE: 540776) is engaged in providing financial products through its online technology platform and mobile applications. It is registered with SEBI as a stock broker, depository participant and research analyst, and with AMFI as a mutual fund distributor. Its services are targeted at retail investors and high volume traders who actively invest and trade in securities markets and seek DIY (Do-it-Yourself) services at a low cost.
The Company provides an online technology platform to clients through internet terminals and mobile applications for trading in securities in NSE and BSE; advisory services through the research undertaken by a team of fundamental and technical research analysts; and depository related services as part of itsintegrated services offering.
5paisa Capital is a technology driven company having mainly an online presence. The Company remains focussed on innovation, based on understanding customer behaviour, and constantly strives to achieve tech superiority as is visible through the developments of its robust trading platform, advanced mobile app, an Artificial-Intelligence powered Robo-Advisory platform, and the paperless account opening process.